I am not going to lie, I am a lipstick lover by heart. But these by Gerard, I would have not bought without YouTube. I was eyeing these for a while and finally made up my mind to by these with their glosses. I will talk about the gloss in another review. Gerard always have so sort of a sale going on or there are discount codes all year round I believe. So I was like, let’s go for a bundle. I bought a bundle of lipsticks and another gloss bundle.
Price: $19 per piece
My thoughts on the product:
I had high hopes on this product when I placed an order. I placed the order directly from their website, and I bought bundles as I said before plus some coupon code, so I definitely end up paying $19 per piece. They also offered a free shipping I believe because of the coupon code. Price wise I had not spent as much as I would on a high end lipstick on these, for which I am really happy.
• The packaging on these, is one hundred percent like the MAC lipsticks. Although they miss the sturdy casing that MAC has on its lipsticks. These look so beautiful in the gold case online, but when you feel it in reality, the case looks plasticky and super light weight and the sturdiness that a lipstick should have is missing.
• First the swatches online are deceiving, what you see online might not be how it might look on you. Most swatches that you see are either on Hispanic or Caucasian skin tone. All these look a little different on Indian skin tone. So that should be kept in mind before you order lipsticks.
• The texture was different on each of them. Initially all the finishes(mattes, satins, creams) swatched very smoothly. (I’ve had these for more than six months) After like two months after I purchased these, I see that these lipsticks have dried up and formed a crust. It just doesn’t swatch and all you have to do to keep them working is, scrape off the crust and beneath you have the lipstick in workable condition. This has never ever happened to me with any lipstick. The Mac retro mattes which are so much more matte have not dried up. This is something that I would never appreciate in any lipstick.
• The shipping, is not the best thing about the brand. I’ve seen various reviews, some say it’s fast and some complain. But my issue is not about the speed but the safety of the product. When I purchased I had almost every gloss cracked, but thankfully the lipsticks were intact and I had to go back and forth to get the damaged stuff replaced. So I would appreciate the brand packs the stuff really well for international shipping at least.
• On the positive note the customer service to me was fantastic. They reply to every concern of yours. I have emailed them so many times and they have been so on point.
• The lipsticks, to me were not the stand out product from the brand. Again they are nice but nothing to rave about. I would not pick them up for $19. You can definitely try them out with some coupon code.
• The shades I have swatched are 1995 ( a nude on my skin tone) , Berry smoothie (A pale soft pink on brown skin) , Fire engine (A classic red which is truly a close dupe of MAC’s Ruby woo), I also have Rodeo Drive which is not on the swatch but trust me it’s exactly similar to Berry Smoothie but just a tad less pinkier. If you have one then you might not need the other one.
These are not worth spending $19 a piece. Although if you have that urge of trying out these lippies, be sure to pick them up on discounts. These tend to harden and form a crust over time, so that is something that I do not like. Overall the shipping could have been better but to deal with that they have a amazing customer care team. Gerard Lipsticks are not the key product that I would recommend from the brand. Their lip glosses are way more pigmented and better and if you like to try something from the brand they I would suggest the glosses over the lipsticks.